Friday 25 January 2013

Small Intentions

I still have no definite plans for Jemima's future love life, but I can say I have no intention of leaving her on her own. She can be a grumpy old thing with the bolder and amorous boy bunnies, but she is certainly not un-bondable.

The main issue at the moment is that she is a house bunny with a thin, indoor coat of fur and we have extremely low temperatures outdoors at the Rescue. So while I have some time to wait for the weather to improve, I am gradually letting her spend more and more time with Whisky to see if they can eventually work something out.

I am not exactly what you would call "hopeful" of a positive result here - Whisky acts like he is from another planet and doesn't speak "bunny". But there was a slight glimmer of hope on Wednesday night when the head-down deadlock was broken by Jemima licking Whisky's face. I mean, sure, Whisky looked confused about it all, presumably he has long forgotten what it was he was lowering his head around other rabbits for, but I am choosing to take it as a victory. Whereas, Jemima took it as a sign that wandering off to eat some more hay might be more fun than having your advances ignored.

"He bowed, I licked, he didn't call me back. Can we not talk about my love life anymore please?"

4 comments:

  1. They are both playing Hard-to-get. But St. Valentine's Day is around the corner. Cupid may have an arrow or two or three hundred for these two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if at first you don't succeed try try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whisky reminds of Moshi... When I brought Jamili home it was funny to watch my boy, who had been a bachelor for four years, act completely confused by the presence of the new bunny. I bet he thought he was a person, and not a bunny... Jamili on the other hand was completely in love with him, but Moshi did not know how to act around her, especially if she ventured into "his" territory (he had his own space in my room, but I guess he had also claimed a few other spots around the apartment). It took six long months but eventually we had some bonding success...

    ReplyDelete