Friday 12 July 2013

Dippy Salsa

Picture the scene: I'm sat on the floor of the shed hand feeding the foster kids, five of whom are clambering all over me to get at the food. Salsa, usually wary of me, is boldly pushing her face in too, driven to ignore her suspicion of me by her love of snacks. I turn to see what kid number six is up to, only to find the clever little fellow has ignored the feeding frenzy on the floor to climb up to where I'd stashed the bowl I'd been taking the pellets from and was helping himself.

I think it seemed more hilarious because it was the super-floofy kid who looks like a little brown cloud. [sigh]

So anyway, hopefully this is a sign Salsa is gaining confidence in me - she certainly seemed happier around me, even if she did get a little stompy when the snacks ran out.

"Oh stop making a fuss - I decided you weren't that bad when you sneaked me that bit of broccoli when the kids weren't looking."

6 comments:

  1. Can't think of anything better than sitting with a bunch of fluffy bunnies pushing their soft little whiskery faces into your hand to eat yummy snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love to be able to volunteer like you do with all those floofy faces but I am to far away and I don't drive*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the conversation my husband and I have every time one of us mentions salsa...

    Courtesy of Seinfeld

    George: Why don't they have salsa on the table?
    Jerry: What do you need salsa for?
    George: Salsa is now the number one condiment in America.
    Jerry: You know why? Because people like to say "salsa." "Excuse me, do you have any salsa?" We need more salsa." "Where's the salsa? No salsa?"
    George: You know, it must be impossible for a Spanish person to order seltzer and not get salsa. "I wanted seltzer, not salsa!"
    Jerry: "Don't you know the difference between seltzer and salsa?! You have the seltzer after the salsa!"

    Read more tv spoilers at: http://www.tvfanatic.com/quotes/characters/jerry-seinfeld/page-16.html#ixzz2YoZEnEvY

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet tableau. Now about this "clever little one," if

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely determined on Little Brown Cloud, how about Peter Rabbit?

    ReplyDelete