Sunday 23 October 2016

The Rabbit 365 Project

Up until the sad events of last December, Sundays were always my non-rescue blogging day where I would post about my own fluffy family at home. With that in mind, I am going to gloss over the fact that I have no RRR post prepared for today and tell you about this idea I had.

A few years ago when I started taking a vague interest in photography, I was looking for ways to improve my skills and this guy I know told me that what I needed to do was a 365 project. Take a photo a day for a whole year. The best way to get better is through experience and practise, he said. While I completely believed him, I also thought it sounded a bit tedious. Unlike Big Ears, Tiny Tales where the rabbits of RRR effectively write the posts themselves every day, I'd have to think about and make an effort to create the images myself. Every day. Every. Day. It sort of sounds like work.

But then last year I had a spark of inspiration - what if, instead of taking a photo a day of car wheels, children's swings and buildings from odd angles (these are typical 365 project subjects), I took a photo a day of bunnies?! I love bunnies! And what if instead of just doing my own 365 project, I encouraged other rabbit owners to do their own 365 project, offering tips and suggesting themes along the way?! It seemed like such a great idea that I created a new blog:

And then I forgot about it.

So to shame myself into action, to force myself to get off my lazy butt and start doing something with it, I am posting about it here. This makes it officially a thing. Please hop on over and follow it if you are interested. More importantly, I'd like the thing to be collaborative and for bunny parents and bunny friends to join me on a journey into better bunny photography and start their own rabbit 365 project. So come on, what are you waiting for?

Oh right, me to start blogging properly over there. I'll get right on that then...

In the meantime, here's Amaru looking grumpy for some reason.

"Hey! If you're not going to talk about me today, you could at least stuff some snacks in my mouf!"

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the new blog!

    .. And don't mind Amaru, she probably found the pizza Whisky supposedly stashed behind the fridge last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, no matter what they say/suggest, those photography people are usually taking 365 photos a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well snacks always keeps them happy,sounds like a great project,I shall take a look,xx Rachel and Speedy

    ReplyDelete